1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks free refills experiment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm voting Ace for president in 2008.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We may have to make do with dropouts from Indiana until the policy is fully transitionalized.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

That's one thing that's confused me about Starbucks. Many of their stores charge for Internet access, but I've been to others where you can enter a password and use it for free.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Hands down, the worse coffee on Earth.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've seen the $10 receipts.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Mike would make a fine running mate. OK, mediocre. But at least no sex scandals.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Mike, you just got served.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And by 8 p.m. of Day Two, you'll be dead of a caffeine-induced heart attack. Be careful.

I think I've seen homeless people at McDonald's try that.

Seriously, how long before Starbucks has to hire steroid-fueled bouncers to keep out the riff-raff that's so hopped up on caffeine it'd make a PCP rage look like a slap and tickle fight?

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ick on the Starbucks coffee. But I'm ick on all coffee.

However, the peppermint hot chocolate that (I'm assuming) is only around in the winter is fannnnntastic.

10. gottawrite

gottawrite Member

Calm down. It's far from the worst coffee on Earth. It's not good, but it'll do when you don't have your own cup from this amazing place in Pasadena. And for the record, Starbucks isn't bad just because it's been over-roasted. It's bad because by the time it gets to you it's older than Bud Selig's last clue.
    The worst coffee on Earth can be found at dawn in any newspaper lunchroom. This stuff was rancid before it was even brewed because it was mostly chaff to begin with. Then it sat in a warehouse until it got old and thus, cheap enough for the guy who owns the newspaper to buy in bulk, then store for another year in a big shed behind the pressroom. Then the news-side copy desk guy, who really is way too exciteable to be drinking the stuff anyway, made it at about 10:59 so that he could have a cup while he stood in front of the page proof machine -- the only one in the building you can use to check off your last page and meet deadline -- right when you need it. Then the coffee sat there baking on the warmer all night. Now, it's the worst coffee in the world.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you don't have to pay money for newsroom coffee.

You pay with small bits of your soul.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You can get it all year long. They always have the flavor shots ready.

Draft saved Draft deleted