1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star HS basketball player tries to delay graduation ceremony with bomb threat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WolvEagle, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Good stuff Batman. And yeah, whether high school graduation was hard for you or not, you can damn sure bet it was hard for your parents or whoever raised you putting up with adolescence and hormones and the whole nine. If you made it to your high school graduation someone somewhere cared about you and wanted to see you walk that stage.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I agree. If you don't want to do it for yourself, do it for the sake of others who are proud of your accomplishment. Heck, it's ONE night. There will be plenty of other nights to do whatever.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

As for Simmons, the guy was dumb but not really criminal. Putting people in jail for stuff like this is why our prisons are so full to begin with. Give him a $500 fine and probation.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At times I miss covering Ypsi... most times I don't.

5. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Slappy - Things have gotten so bad financially that Ypsi and Willow Run are in serious talks to merge. Waaaaay overdue.

Draft saved Draft deleted