1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Apr 19, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

FWIW, I don't see it on NHL.com.

2. Garner

Garner Member

Oops, TSN.ca... my bad.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I think I just saw HC cross her fingers.

4. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Friend of the Friendless = first in news

YHS, etc

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I want him for the Leafs - not for myself. ;)

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

7. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

Bertuzzi to Florida for Luongo ...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=169536&hubname=

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well one of the few possibilites I see for the Oilers if they do indeed move Pronger – consdering this isn't just more than a tale spun by Strachan that hasn't gone totally out of control – would be a sign and trade kind of deal for Wade Redden/Chara plus another player – maybe a Smolinski or Arnason or some up and coming guy.
    Straight up there is no equal value for Pronger in the NHL with his contract takne into consideration.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Wouldn't happen in a million years, the Leafs would have to be able to send something back that at least came close to adding up to Pronger's value, and I don't think an over the hill Sundin is the answer, especially considering it will likely be the back end that Edmonton tries to fill out when trading Pronger.

10. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr 03,

No hard feelings but let's face it ... it wasn't a story "spun" by Strachan. You want the home of Pronger-gone, visit Chez FoF.

YHS, etc

11. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

I believe the Cup was damaged on the plane ride back to Dallas by the Stars in 1999. Popular legend says it was dinged being thrown into a pool later that week, but the players all say it got nicked somewhere on the plane ride back. I believe there are photos of Belfour carrying the Cup off the plane that show the dent.

When Scott Young won the Cup with the Avs in 1996, he was carrying it upstairs as he was getting ready to go to bed, fell and caused a huge dent in the side of the Cup from landing on it. The Cup's handler was at his house at the time and apparently unscrewed the bottom to hammer out the dent from the inside.

I believe that story is from "Why is the Stanley Cup in Mario Lemieux's Swimming Pool?" I'd confirm, but it's packed and in storage with the majority of my things right now.

12. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

sorry friend,

but the pronger rumour was out there on the day of game 7. no one i know could get it confirmed that day, and al strachans reference was the first one i saw either in print or broadcast.

now, if youve got proof that you published it somewhere...ill be glad to give you credit.

Draft saved Draft deleted