1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stanley Cup Finals - Game 6, New Jersey Devils @ L.A. Kings - Monday, June 11

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by bbb1978, May 23, 2012.

1. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

Freelancer with 10 years of experience and only 35 miles east of Los Angeles willing to cover the NHL Stanley Cup Finals, Game 6, on Monday, June 11th at Staples Center.
    Come be a part of history if the Kings win their first-ever Stanley Cup. Or see if the Devils can stay alive and possibly pull off an unthinkable comeback from a 3-0 deficit, which hasn't happened in the Finals since 1942 when Toronto beat Detroit (the Red Wings' head coach attacked an official during a win in that year's Game 3 and was suspended for the remainder of the Finals).

My name's Bruce Bourquin, for resume & clips, e-mail me at: bobi78@juno.com
    I do not have any credentials, so I'd need help at the last second.

While working for NHL.com as a Correspondent, I covered the Kings back in 2009 during their season opener at Staples:
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2009020023

Here's another brief story on the Kings' turnovers during that game:
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2009020023

2. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

Re: Stanley Cup Finals - L.A. Kings vs. New York Rangers or New Jersey Devils

1st Bump...

3. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

Re: Stanley Cup Finals - New Jersey Devils @ L.A. Kings - Wed. Game 4

Bump. ;D

4. bbb1978

bbb1978 Member

Final Bump.

I bought tickets anyway, so I'm going to be a part of the action! Hopefully I can get the heck out of there before any possible riots begin...assuming the Kings win, of course.

So Zero Interest, huh? Worth a shot...I was set to write a story for Red Line Editorial/USA Hockey.com on both teams' captains being from the U.S., but someone in New Jersey nailed it first before Game 1 or Game 2. Oh well....

Draft saved Draft deleted