1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

St. Louis Post-Dispatch has two openings

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by brian griffin, Jun 29, 2007.

1. brian griffin

brian griffin Member

From SND's site:

St. Louis Post-Dispatch has two immediate design openings. The candidates can design any section including News, Sports, Business and Features. Print software knowledge preferred: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark. Online software knowledge a plus. Send clips, links and resume to Design and Graphics Editor Wade Wilson. The deadline is Monday, July 9.

Wade Wilson
    Design and Graphics Director
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    900 N. Tucker Blvd.
    St. Louis, Mo 63101

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=796853

Same job, different wording.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Anyone know if one of these is Jon Fisch's job? Was announced yesterday that he's off to Seattle. Just wondering if one of these openings is him or if there's going to be a third one soon.

4. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I don't know Jon Fisch, but I know a few who know him, and they say nothing but good things about him. Plus, he's one helluva designer.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Haven't met Fisch myself, either, but I love his stuff.

6. Luke_Knox

Luke_Knox New Member

Fisch? He ain't all that. ;D

No, I'm kidding. Jon's a good friend, and one of my favorite sports designers out there.

And James, I'm pretty sure that one of these openings is to replace him. Should be interesting to see who ends up there.

7. brian griffin

brian griffin Member

BUMP

The deadline for these openings is Monday.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i've never met fisch, but talked to him on here and seemed like a good dude. i've also seen his work and, well, it's top notch. congrats jon (even if this isn't exactly the right forum for that, but hell, do it where we can)

9. Rusty Shackleford

Anyone know their timeline for hiring for this? Or whose ass I could kiss to improve my chances?

10. brian griffin

brian griffin Member

The two people who are leaving's last days are Friday and Saturday. They have one person coming in next week to interview. So I have a feeling they are going to move quickly on replacing them. I'm sure they would like to have someone in place by the start of football season.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Who ended up getting these?

12. brian griffin

brian griffin Member

No hires yet. I wonder if the announcement of buyouts this week will play a role in who/when they make a hire.

Draft saved Draft deleted