1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SSI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by QYFW, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Bolded part: holy shit did I ever laugh at that! SSI is administered in Woodlawn, MD, west of Baltimore, and I know half a dozen people who've worked there, including one who works SSI. I'll run Baron's comments by him for further suggestions.

But holy cow, SSA, and particularly the SSI stuff, sure seemed to be one of the biggest clusterfucking government operations. If it's an example of the best, we really need to wipe out government bureaucracy and reboot!

2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Baltimore is home to SSA headquarters which is very bureaucratic. Social Security and SSI benefits are more or less completely processed in Field Offices which attract people who wish to help the public. Just my opinion, believe what you like.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Maybe they're better in your neck of the woods. We never experienced quality customer service with my mother, but that was admittedly a while ago.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This is so good from the lawyer's perspective, well done Baron!

I have not done any SSI, but with any large entity (public or private), the best advice is (1) don't rely on phone calls, without any record of them, there's nothing to enforce what they said; (2) a written demand/request that outlines what is being asked is 100 times better than a phone call because there's a record and they have to address it.

Good luck!!

Baron Scicluna and QYFW like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted