1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Squirrels in the attic - Now With Video

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Nov 22, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Re: Squirrels in the attic

A lot of things that went on in my life were direct effects of the 1994 strike. However, that spider thing has been with me since I can remember. So I'm pretty sure the strike had nothing to do with that. But it sure didn't help matters much.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

maybe the '81 strike was a precursor?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That could be, though since I was born in '83, it's probably a mighty big stretch.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

delayed karma.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Karma's a bitch. In all forms.

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

W-B, that pic you posted on page 1 is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

As Carrie Bradshaw said, "They're rats in cute outfits."

7. rallen13

rallen13 Member

WB,
    I had the same problem and got this advice directly from an expert pest controller. Open two bags of mothballs and throw them all around the attic, including the corners. It won't kill them, but it will sure as Hell run them off. They can't stand the smell. I did it AND IT WORKED within 48 hours. There is a bit (not a lot) of mothball smell in the house for about a week, but then it stays in the attic.
    He did say two things that you should consider:
    1) They love to eat the insulation off your electrical wiring. The risk of fire is very high when they are there. So, if you value your home, kill them if necessary.
    2) If you use the mothballs, the squirrels WILL come back when the odor goes away. You need to find out where they are getting in and fix it to keep them out.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just get David Seville over to your place. He should know what to do. Squirrels aren't that much different than chipmunks.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This is the best advice I've seen. I had a bunch of flying squirrels in my attic about seven years ago and an exterminator used humane traps. Patching up the entry holes after they've left or been caught is essential, obviously enough. Prune trees back around the house so they don't have such easy access, too.

10. Re: Squirrels in the attic

Yeah, I let the wife know about this. We're going to try it. Thanks, Mr. Allen.

11. Re: Squirrels in the attic

Two down, one to go. ;D 8) :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: Squirrels in the attic - Victory Will Be Ours!

Stan has no idea why his tail just poofed out.

Draft saved Draft deleted