1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Squirrels attack!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Arson aimed at a former Member of Parliament. I told y'all not to trust them!

[​IMG]

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Strange-News/Squirrels-Start-House-Fire-At-Former-Attorney-Generals-Cottage-Blaze-At-Lord-Mayhews-Property/Article/200901215199739?f=rss

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fenian's next.

(That works on two levels, doesn't it?)

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Write-brained just broke out in a sweat and doesn't know why.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Not to get off topic, but there's a guy I work with who has an estimated 400 bats in and around his attic. He's looking at several grand to have them removed and the attic repaired.

He thought only about four or five lived in a small area under his gabled end (attic not accessible from there, apparently), so he didn't mind because he said they kept the bugs down.

But he was recently in the right place at the right time when they made their nightly exit and said it scared the shit out of him.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wow, that's insane. I'm not fond of bats and if I found out I had that many in my attic, I might have to sell the house.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

FRANK: (jumping to his feet) OK that's it! We're moving!

GEORGE: What?

FRANK: I will not tolerate infestation.

GEORGE: You haven't even seen one.

FRANK: Don't you understand the very thought, the very idea, I'll never be comfortable again.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

HER FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY -- Fortunately, he was killed by arson-minded squirrels.

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Uhh, dude ...

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I saw this Sunday and thought of Fens...

http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/opinion/1231060518138980.xml&coll=2

Sunday, January 04, 2009
    JENNIFER GREER

It was the perfect Christmas gift, if my husband did say so himself. Inexpensive, practical, requiring no batteries or assembly, and available for cash from the garden shop on Dec. 24: a squirrel-proof bird feeder.

It came to me with a two-pound bag of black-oil sunflower seeds, and I was, for the moment, delighted. "Well, I didn't see anything under the tree for me last night, but you pulled another rabbit out of a hat," I said, admiring his Houdini-like talent for shopping at the last minute.

I studied the promises on the box containing the special green metal feeder. "Outsmart the varmints," and "End backyard thievery," and finally, "Wild birds will feed in peace." My heart warmed to the magic of advertising.

11. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

There is a reason the squirrels are attacking.

They are being served as dinner. "It's a great conversation starter for dinner parties."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/07/dining/07squirrel.html

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Protecht teh Write-braynd!

Draft saved Draft deleted