1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sprinter reignites debate over correlation between race, speed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TrooperBari, Jul 26, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Agrees whole-heartedly.

[​IMG]

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What's your point?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Pole vault and high jump are not speed events. Speed on the runway/approach helps but the major factor in both is converting speed to lift. They are precise technique events.

As for no black high jumpers, most of the top US high jumpers have been blalck -- Charles Austin (Olympic and 2-time world champ, US record holder at 7-10 1/2); Hollis Conway (indoor world champ and US indoor record holder 7-10 1/2) etc.
    If you go down the T&F News performance lists, 10 of the top 12 high jumpers in US history are black.

As usual, azrael talking out his ass and knowing nothing.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

And yet Blanca Vlasic beats Chaunte Lowe week in and week out on the Diamond tour.

And check the top performers in that sport for the last four decades, jackass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_jump

Is America your only point of reference?

And no fucking wisecracks regarding Jeremy Wariner? Or decathletes?

And what about this, from, uh, last night:

http://www.european-athletics.org/20th-european-athletics-championships-2010/sailer-grabs-germanys-first-gold.html

Spare us the hard-boiled know-it-all bullshit, please.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wow, Az, you've really broken out of your shell.

You used to just post snarky one or two word replies or sometimes just a link.

I guess you're no longer concerned about people recognizing your writing style & verbiage.

So, let me be the first to officially welcome you back.

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

holy shit, what a concept. Black guys are faster than white guys.

No shit. bear shits in woods, etc.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Blacks dominate the speed sports only because they are gold-teeth-gold-chain-wearin', fried-chicken-and-biscuit-eatin', monkey, ape, baboon, big thigh, fast-runnin', high-jumpin', spear-chuckin', three-hundred-sixty-degree-basketball-dunkin' titsun spade Moulan Yan. Take your fuckin' pizza-pizza and go the fuck back to Africa.

Koreans dominate certain sports because they are slanty-eyed, me-no-speaky-American, own-every-fruit-and-vegetable-stand-in-New-York, bullshit, Reverend Sun Myung Moon, Summer Olympics '88, Korean kick-boxing son of a bitches.

Italians suck at everything because they are Dago, wop, guinea, garlic-breath, pizza-slingin', spaghetti-bendin', Vic Damone, Perry Como, Luciano Pavarotti, Sole Mio, nonsingin' motherfuckers.

Yeah, well fuck you and fuck your pizza and fuck Frank Sinatra......

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I was very disrespectful to spnited in my last post, for which I've apologized by PM. He was gracious enough to accept. I apologize again here.

And offer another counterargument:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liu_Xiang

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They have a tour? The dickens you say!

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Bolt got beat today. Take that old man.

http://deadspin.com/5606709/watch-tyson-gay-become-the-fastest-person-in-the-world

11. tmayforth

tmayforth Member

Actually, that Deadspin headline is wrong. In order for Gay to be the fastest man in the world, he'd need to crack 9.82 (which is the world-leading time in 2010). He was just faster than the current world record holder.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I want to see Albert Haynesworth run the 100.

Draft saved Draft deleted