1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sprint vs. Best Buy phone service plan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 9, 2013.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sprint sucks; Best Buy sucks; not changing carriers... getting this out of the way now....

Am going to get a new cell phone tomorrow; Sprint's my carrier of choice, I can get the phone free from BB (and it's $100 through Sprint for 2-year renewal with no price match).
    My question is with the service plan on the phone. I've used Sprint's plan before on my current phone; they had a replacement to me for one problem in a day. Great.
    However, my service plan goes up and with the data add-on (which doesn't qualify for an employee discount like my base plan does). So I'm thinking about using Best Buy's Geek Squad plan for the cell phone; it saves a couple of bucks which is fine ($75 for a cell bill just for me? Really).
    But am curious to the level of customer service for that plan for cell phones. Lil' help?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Slappy,

I've been with Sprint for years. Never a service issue. When I had a screen crack, I paid my $50 deductible because I had coverage for my phone and they sent a slightly upgraded version because mine was old and no longer produced.

I've got a low-end iPhone and am paying around $70 a month for 450 minutes (I think ... ) and unlimited talk and text. Again, no problem and no complaints from here and I report directly to Sprint ... no third parties.

Good luck.

3. accguy

accguy Member

I had Sprint for a long time until I got a free phone from my job.

At one point, I purchased a new phone at a Best Buy. I was able to keep the same plan, same number, same everything. I continued to get billed through Sprint.

It's no different than buying from a licensed Sprint store that isn't owned by the company.

Draft saved Draft deleted