1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Springsteen 'Working on a Dream' Tour notes (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 17, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The tour kicks off next month - can't wait.
    According to the rehearsal reports:
    - In terms of what songs are being rehearsed, no real surprises - except for Woody Guthrie's "Ain't Got No Home" and "How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live"
    - In terms of who's been at the rehearsals - big surprises. Supposedly Jay Weinberg (Max's son) has been splitting time behind the drum kit with dad.
    - Curtis King (one of the Seeger Sessions Tour back-up vocalists) and another vocalist were there for at least one of the rehearsals

For the tour - I have two extra tickets for night 2 in Philly -- one GA, one in Section 209.
    I'd like to trade these for either night in Jersey if anyone has extras or one for each night in Jersey.
    If I don't trade 'em by early next week, I'll be looking to sell.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Jay Weinberg did fine on BTR at the Milwaukee show (finale of the Magic tour), and subbing him in for Max allows Bruce to make tour plans without worrying about the Conan O'Brien schedule.

In fact, he did better than fine -- maybe it was just nervous energy stepping into the spotlight for Dad -- but he had more energy on the song than Max has had for a long time.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

ESJ,

Starting to get excited. We finally got some tix, some GAs for Greensboro, which is a small venue so those will be good. We'll stay with my bro, who lives in Charlotte. Still trying for Chicago and/or Toronto. Have completely given up on Boston and anywhere on the East Coast.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Two rehearsal shows have just been announced, and they're just around the
    corner: Monday and Tuesday nights, March 23 and 24. Tickets go on sale tomorrow,
    Friday, May 20, at noon through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone only.

Draft saved Draft deleted