1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Springsteen, Bon Jovi coming out of the closet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Feb 15, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

as curlers!!

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/302386

NBC has "an exclusive option" on "Rockstar Curling."

As the friend who sent this to me said, there are many awesome things about this. Among them, the fact they refer to Springsteen as a "closet curler" and also, and more importantly, they think he'd be on this show.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Is that like spooning?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Is there any chance that Elliotte would host the show? Because I would watch a show with Bruce, Bon Jovi and Elliotte.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sweetheart, I'd watch a show with Roger Clemens, Art Modell, Bill Belichick and John Elway performing the Aristocrats if it was hosted by Elliotte.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Curling! They should do this in a non-Olympic year to keep interest up. I used to love watching all the matches on CNBC or whatever station it was on during the Olympics.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

this is not what I thought it was.

WAH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So what are you trying to say?

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It'd be a hell of a show, with that foursome actually trying to speak English.

Though I do think I'd watch a Survivor with Clemens, Modell, Belichick and Elway. As long as not one of them ever got off the island.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Rockstar Curling" sounds like a sketch on SCTV.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

They had to beg Bruce to allow Dancing in the Dark to be sung on American Idol, and that was only because he kids watch the show. He and JBJ are hardly friends. I doubt that there is anything to this.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Now why wouldn't Bruce like Bon Jovi? Aside from the fact he's spent 20 years apeing Springsteen's every move and turning himself into the fast food version of the real thing?

(And yes, I say that having seen more Bon Jovi shows and purchased more Bon Jovi CDs than Springsteen shows/CDs. I like fast food)

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Bon Jovi in the house!

Can Springsteen get his rocks off.

Sorry if that's a bit off the broom.

Draft saved Draft deleted