1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spring Training 2019

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Feb 16, 2019.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Seems like he's a worthy low-cost dynasty pickup. The scouting report on him is pretty impressive.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

See what I mean?

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I'd like to be there for that one.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Why didn't he throw in the House of David while he was at it? Or the St. Louis Browns.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Montreal Expos could use him to bat behind Andre Dawson.

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

He is a great hitter prospect. The question coming out of college was his elbow. They had to dh him his last year at Irvine. There was fear that he would need Tommy John surgery but he did blood platelet therapy and the Brewer doctors like what they saw. His elbow looked fine last year. I talked with his college coach, Mike Gillespie, after the draft and he LOVES the kid. Said he will be 25+ home run guy in majors. Also said his baseball I.Q. is off the charts. It is very cliche but there is a different sound when he takes BP.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The only prospect ahead of him in the MiLB Top 100 rated with better hit and power tools is Vladimir Guerrero Jr. That's pretty good company.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Writers' ballot, or some other group?

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He'd be a Today's Game committee guy and they meet in 2021 for 2022. If he didn't get in then, it'd be 2023 for 2024

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

No doubt. I think scouts are just figuring out that he has that power potential. I don't know that much about baseball mechanics and I am not implying that he will be anywhere close to him but side by side video I saw makes his swing look very much like Trout's. He is easily the best pure hitting prospect in the organization since Braun. And drugs or no drugs, Braun has one of the sweetest right handed swings ever. I remember the first time I heard Braun take batting practice. You didn't need to be a baseball guy to know he was special.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted