1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sportswriter, Pocatello, Idaho

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by In Cold Blood, Nov 2, 2007.

1. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Where have people moved on from here?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I know one moved onto Bakersfield.

3. Mr. Homer

Mr. Homer Member

Isn't this close to Jackson, Wyo.?

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

If by close you mean three hours away, yes.

It's about two hours from SLC, though.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And you'll get to see the Griz football team at least every other year. What more could you want? :D

6. bp6316

bp6316 Member

Two of em did actually. Mason and Brad both came down to Bako from there. They've now both moved on to magazines in the last few weeks here.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I knew about Mason, but did not know about Brad. Bizarre how this business works, that two dudes from a paper in Pocatello could end up working together in Bako. Did either of them cover the ECHL team?

8. bp6316

bp6316 Member

They both filled in at hockey games on occasion when needed, but our Condors beat guy had that team covered pretty well. Mason started there doing GA type stuff and then took over the colleges beat as Cal State Bakersfield made the transition to D-I. Brad was our primary preps guy while I was there and I'm pretty sure stayed in that spot after my departure.

Draft saved Draft deleted