1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsCenter: attaboys and WTFs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 27, 2007.

1. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

During her Wednesday report from New Orleans, Wendy let me know that Jeremy Shockey was a "paralyzing" figure during his career. I'll take her advice and stay away from him.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Gator, I don't have a problem with Elliott giving out his op/ed, and yes Delmon Young's history has a part in him yelling at the dugout.

If Delmon was the guy he was several years ago, he would have whipped the shit out of everyone on the dugout.

I would rather have a guy say something than be vanilla and toeing the company line.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

It's not the incident, not what he could have or should have done. The bottom line is that he's not an analyst, he's sports news anchor. His job is to be ojbective. Like any beat writer. Just watch one episode with him, and think of him as a beat writer ... tell me he doesn't offer up way too much opinion.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

There are two local sports anchors in my town who have become really, really bad about this, and it drives me nuts. The one channel is notorious for being a borderline tabloid on TV, so it's not too surprising, but the other channel always puffs out its chest about its standards and responsible reporting. In both cases, I'd like to punch the guys in the face.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah Chef, I forgot about Everett and Hawaii. I actually met him once in Honolulu when he was working for the local station. Pretty good guy.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is he a midget?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Around the Horn is a tremendous show, and I could watch Tony Reali run a show all day.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Why don't they use Reali more? I'm guessing it's because he's actually employed by that "Atlantic" company that produces ATH and PTI and not actually an ESPN employee. Does anybody know?

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, that line was just a little ... out there.

10. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

It wouldn't be an episode of Sportscenter without the obligatory Kirk Gibson reference and/or highlight.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

sage and marcellus just finished a segment that was sharp and ended with sage thanking marcellus and sending it back to the main desk. perfect. that's what i'm talking about. no need for marcellus to say thank you, too.

got to the gym at 8:48 and only got to see everett and the stan fella for a few minutes, and then the 9 o'clock crew was different, and it wasn't even in the same stratosphere. why?

12. But how did she look. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted