1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsCenter anchor debut

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Re: SportsCenter anchor babe debut

And she's not that cute.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

No offense taken. My guess is that without the word babe, you wouldn\'t think it was dumb?

Babe status is not limited by marriage or having kids.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

What do the first sentence have to do with the second?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Career status is not limited by whether someone is a babe.

Or rather, it shouldn't be.

Would you have bothered to start a thread titled 'SportsCenter anchor debut?'

5. girl friday

girl friday Member

i thought the same thing!

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And you boys wonder why most of the women who work in sports have gigantic chips on their shoulders.

7. Re: SportsCenter anchor babe debut

Sage is terrific people, and she's very good at her job. I know she flirted with going to ESPN before, but I'm glad she finally did. Glad to see her move on. She'll do well.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I dunno, I remember a whole lot of drooling over Anderson Cooper around these parts.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know. It's more than that, although I can't remember the last time I called a woman a "babe." I'd feel dumb saying it. Any woman (at least one I don't know REALLY well) I said it to would tell me I was an ass.

Also, I just don't get why every woman who is involved in sports gets her looks commented on on here. My bet is most of the guys on here wouldn't fare too well if there were more women on the board and they were commenting about every male sports writer or anchor's looks.

It's not that I don't appreciate a beautiful woman. I ogle. I even started that thread once about the woman I see all the time who is a two-face--she's either really beautiful or really scary looking depending on when you catch her. Although I thought that kind of "commenting on her looks" was different than this. She's a novelty. And I certainly would never do it with her name attached.

But really, you see beautiful women every day. At least I do. In stores, on the street, etc. I stop and look sometimes (trying not to be inappropriate). Every guy does.I don't then walk up to strangers and comment about their looks. That's pretty much what you just did. I know she's on TV, but this isn't like an actress to me. This woman didn't put herself out there for guys to comment about her looks. She's just reporting sports news on SportsCenter. It seems out of bounds to me.

Anyhow, now that every guy on here thinks I'm a pris... just felt like calling the thread dumb for once. I've seen it one too many times on here.

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

that's true.

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Make sure to turn ON safesearch before doing a google image search

12. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Wished I'd gotten to the end of this thread before i realized that

Draft saved Draft deleted