1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports wter/Saratoga Springs, NY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, May 9, 2006.

1. sister_havana

sister_havana Member

Bumping in hopes of info...anybody know if this has been filled? Thanks

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Tom, I'll take your word on the $24k -- but it seems a bit high for a JRC paper, IMO.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wicked - trust me, it's right around that rate. but i do think it's been filled. i can find out and get back if anyone wants to know.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

5. OKay, Orange Hat, the GI Joe site was a welcomed distraction during a dull day. YO JOE!

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Glad to be of help (and distraction).

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn you WHA for stealing my schtick during my sabbatical!!! :D

This job is for someone who loves to write about local sports (working here will turn that love to hate in no time flat), thrives under pressure (pressure = getting Jelenic's kid in the paper) and is looking for a great place to live (you won't be able to afford it). We're a daily a.m. (duh) in a highly competitive newspaper market (where we get killed but make boatloads of money). We concentrate on local sports (because we're small time and we like to suck the spirit out of you), which in Saratoga runs the gamut from little league (lots and lots of Little League) to world-class thoroughbred racing (but mostly Little League). Position is primarily writing, with some (re: a lot of) editing and (re: a lot of) pagination. We're at the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains (JRC rule no. 1: describe the surrounding area in picturesque language to sucker people in), midway between New York City and Montreal (you will not cover anything remotely close to these great cities). Surface mail (because we have dial up and it takes forever to download attachments) cover letter, resume (don't bother lying, it's not worth it), references and samples of layout and writing (our dirty secret: these, too, are optional) to Sports Editor Morgan Ryan, The Saratogian, 20 Lake Ave., Saratoga Springs 12866 or e-mail the material to mryan@saratogian.com (no phone number, damn, I guess Jelenic did get rid of the phones).

Draft saved Draft deleted