1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports wter/Saratoga Springs, NY

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, May 9, 2006.

1. boots

boots New Member

This job is for someone who loves to write about local sports, thrives under pressure and is looking for a great place to live. We're a daily a.m. in a highly competitive newspaper market. We concentrate on local sports, which in Saratoga runs the gamut from little league to world-class thoroughbred racing. Position is primarily writing, with some editing and pagination. We're at the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, midway between New York City and Montreal. Surface mail cover letter, resume, references and samples of layout and writing to Sports Editor Morgan Ryan, The Saratogian, 20 Lake Ave., Saratoga Springs 12866 or e-mail the material to mryan@saratogian.com.

2. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

This is at least the third time this job has been posted in the last year.

3. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

You do know the reason for this ?, right?

4. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

JRC rag..............stttaaaayyyyyy away

5. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

6. Larrbear

Larrbear Member

Too bad. Saratoga is a fun little town. And racing season is about to kick into high gear. Would have been nice to toss that lucrative salary away at the track

7. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

seems like everyone is pretty against this place. any specific reasons why?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

WHA, your sig cracks me up. I forget the guy on the right's name, but it scares me that I remember seeing him in the comics when I was a kid.

9. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

You remember Law & Order from "G.I. Joe," don't you? (Well, I couldn't remember their names, either. Here's the info from YoJoe.com ... http://www.yojoe.com/action/87/law.shtml.)

10. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

That didn't take long..good job

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sensing an undercurrent of dissatisfaction with this publication.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Eh, It's Saratoga...

If you like horse racing then I guess this your place.

Draft saved Draft deleted