1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Tri-Cities, WA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

It's Spangle. Good little restaurant there, actually, which makes it a far cry better than many of the places Micro just mentioned.

Dusty just got a nice little mini mart place. So now there's a place to pee <i>and</i> wash your hands. Still no place to get gas. Yeah, LaCrosse ... tough gig being Tacoma to Washtucna's Seattle.

The Mainstage! I hope you were inoculated before you went in. The great thing about The Mainstage, I always thought, was that it gave the strippers who worked the seedier Bremerton establishments a place to note and say, "At least I don't dance there." I never went in, but was train-wreck curious. tales from The Mainstage would be most welcome.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Yes, I did eat at that restaurant in Spangle. I usually just load up on munchies and eat in the car so I can keep on moving, but there weren't any options. So it added 45 minutes to the lovely drive through the rolling wheat fields of the Palouse Empire.

3. statrat

statrat Member

I'll go ahead and toss Tenino into the pot.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I lived in Washington for 24 years and I have never, ever heard of Gorst until this post.

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

You're fortunate. Calling it a city is probably a stretch. It's between Tacoma and Bremerton ... essentially a bend in the road.

On Tenino ... damn! That's where my mom's family is from. So now, my hometown and my mom's hometown have made this list. I am trash.

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

A bend in the road on mudflats with a nasty strip club. In its favor, it's about two minutes from the amazing Gold Mountain Golf Course.

7. DKIA

DKIA Member

No love for Ellensburg? Covered a soccer game there many years ago and the Central Washington coach told me the smell was his team's biggest home field advantage.

8. mose

mose Member

Bigger than the wind? I find that hard to believe.

9. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Now that the feedlots have closed in Ellensburg, it's a great little college town. A little breezy, but no (as) longer smelly.

(Edit in parenthesis)

10. mose

mose Member

Still a lot of cowboys, and the accompanying horse shit, but yeah, not a bad town. And a lot closer to cool stuff (Cascades, Seattle, The Gorge) than the Tri-Cities.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Ellensburg is very windy, I have stopped there many times driving over the mountains, yet it is still better than the Tri-Cities in the sense like the poster above said, "It is closer to the cool shit."

As far as smell in Ellensburg, I never noticed it. Maybe I wasn't there at the right time, or I worked too much in Idaho where we had meat plants and other unpleasantries or unpleasentries (I can't spell this late at night).

Though, Ellensburg's paper is run by a crappy, crappy person.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'll see your tenino, and raise you a randle, where you're as likely to get raped by a buncha hillbillies -- if you're male or female -- as any place in the world.

Draft saved Draft deleted