1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, St. Augustine Record, Fla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkenwhy, May 1, 2012.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

One day at a time

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

(reeling me in)

I moved to The Nation's Oldest City two years ago and love it. The history speaks for itself, there's always something going on, downtown is walkable and friendly. Beaches minutes away. Within a half-hour in any direction (edit: not east!) is amazing golf.

Also enjoy The Record, too. Sports is very good (though if you don't like Tebow, don't touch the section during football season) and local news is solid. Good mix of news and historical features.

3. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Yeah, a quaint little beach town. That must really suck.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Guessing, but maybe this wasn't the only place it was posted.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Play, not every town is for everyone. St. Augstine. To me sucks. I don't like it. For a day visit, maybe a week, it's fine. Any longer and it's like a beachfront prison. I'll pass.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Great!

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

St. Augustine is very, very nice. I wouldn't live there, because I'm a city boy from the Bowash corridor and that's what I'll always be, but that's just a matter of taste. And I think the paper's pretty OK based on the few times I've seen it.

Draft saved Draft deleted