1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer / SB Minnesota

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by akneeland, Nov 24, 2010.

1. JaredSmith16

JaredSmith16 New Member

While other will post uneducated opinions, I'll say this:

I currently write for one of the SB Nation Regional sites, like Minnesota, and can't say anything bad about my experience.

Yes, the pay isn't something you can't live on but if you're a writer who A) wants to get into the sports blogging industry; B) lost his/her sports writing job and would like to stay fresh; and or C) have writing talent but doesn't want to work for a newspaper but wants to write about sports, this is a great gig.

I am A and B. My editor, who had 30 years of newspaper experience before becoming an editor with SB Nation, is also A and B.

The object of the website is to collect information and write posts that allow fans to come to one website to get all their teams' information. I also get to write features articles and notebooks. I get editor feedback and fan e-mails -- good and bad.

Also, in my contract there are bonuses I can make if I meet certain goals and do more than asked. The object is to drive fans to the website credible blog posts.

If this is what you're looking for then I recommend it.

Draft saved Draft deleted