1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Red Wing, MN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Republican Eagle has an immediate opening for a full-time sports reporter. Main duties are predominantly local sports coverage, but also include outdoors and news assignments. The ideal candidate will be a creative and responsible news professional interested in both print and Web products. Previous newspaper reporting and photography experience preferred. Must possess a valid driver's license with a driving record that is insurable by the company. The Republican Eagle is part of RiverTown Newspaper Group, a division of Forum Communications Co., which provides a comprehensive benefit package. Send resume and four sports clips to: Ryan Nilsson, sports editor; Republican Eagle, Box 15, Red Wing, MN 55066 or e-mail to: sports@republican-eagle.com. Application deadline is Oct. 2.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

This used to be a daily, but recently moved to twice a week.

3. This is my old job. I accepted a position just down the road at the Rochester Post Bulletin last week. Given the stated changes and current economic climate, I'm glad to see the Eagle actually plan to fill this one.

Feel free to PM me with questions. I check this board a few times a week and can answer any questions you might have, if you're willing to be patient.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Received a pleasant e-mail from Ryan regarding this position. Got the impression he's got a broad applicant pool. Appreciated him contacting me. Sounds like a heck of an opportunity for a puckhead.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Like most sports jobs in Minnesota. At least Red Wing is in one of the warmer parts of the state.

6. Eye

Eye New Member

I got the same e-mail.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I also thought you wanted the chance to cover the second-grade football squads. I don't know how those kids are doing, but they sure do work a little bit harder than the third graders.

8. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

You only cover us when the third graders are on the road!!

Draft saved Draft deleted