1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports writer, Punxsutawney PA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by johann, Jun 14, 2011.

1. johann

johann Guest

Is it groundhog day again already?

Company: The Punxsutawney Spirit
    Position: Needed Immediately
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $20,000 to $25,000
    Ad Expires: July 19, 2011
    Job ID: 1261656

Description:

The Punxsutawney Spirit, a six-day, Monday through Saturday newspaper in Jefferson County, Pa., is seeking a dynamic sports writer/photographer/designer to cover high school and summer sports in Punxsutawney, Pa., the Weather Capital of the World and home of the Punxsy Chucks.

The ideal candidate will be able to turn two daily pages into documents outlining the day's sporting events, from football, basketball, volleyball and wrestling to baseball and softball, Little League and everything else in between. The candidate will also be able to maintain good coverage of national sports — especially Steelers, Penguins, Pirates and Penn State — as well as create original ideas for columns, special sections and contests.

Excellent writing and editing skills are a must. Experience with Adobe InDesign and photography a definite plus. This is a great chance to take total control of your very own sports section in a community that dissects it daily. Send resume, samples of your work (copy and design) and references to Mary Jude Troupe, publisher, The Punxsutawney Spirit, P.O. Box. 444, Punxsutawney, Pa. 15767. E-mail to publisher@punxsutawneyspirit.com.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I doubt they can find anyone to work for $20,000. They used to pay less than that.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I made more than their top salary range my first year at my current shop . . . 27 years ago.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

That was fast.

5. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Since we're repeating things... Watch out for that first step! It's a doozy!

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

It's cold out there every morning, what is this Miami Beach?

Draft saved Draft deleted