1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Prescott, AZ

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Sports Reporter For Daily Publication The Daily Courier, a daily newspaper in the mountain environment of Arizona’s Yavapai County, is looking for a sports reporter. The right candidate will have a degree in journalism, previous sports reporting experience, knowledge of Associated Press style, and strong verbal and customer relation skills. Working knowledge of InDesign a plus. Excellent benefits. NSE EEOE Send resume and clippings to Human Resources, Prescott Newspapers, Inc., P. O. Box 312, Prescott, AZ 86302 Fax 928-777-8625 or Email to pnihr@prescottaz.com

2. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

I played in an ASA national fastpitch tournament in Prescott in 1998. Don't remember a whole lot about it, since I spent half of the time playing ball and the other half in bars, and there are quite a few. I liked the location - in the mountains. Not a bad town, just out of the way.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Prescott has grown tremendously since I was a kid living growing up in Phoenix. It's expensive as well.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

Pleasant place -- my grandparents had a spread in the hills above town for many years -- and the downtown area is small but charming. It is out of the way, but the weather is much milder than either Phoenix or Flagstaff. Can't imagine the pay is that exceptional.

5. DennisReynolds

DennisReynolds New Member

Does anyone know anything about the paper itself? From checking its site, it seems they cover preps, Yavapai College and a minor league hockey team.

6. GOB

GOB New Member

I read somewhere it's a Daily, Daily and daily. Nice town, pretty solid sports programs and tons of Little League All-Stars in the summer.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott,_Arizona

Is this one of those newspaper jobs that doesn't pay enough to cover the cost of living there?

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Don't count on buying a house there.

9. Turd-Ferguson

Turd-Ferguson New Member

Aren't they all like that?

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Preskitt

11. torero

torero New Member

when compling that list of things to cover, don't forget the rodeo (it's the world's oldest) and prescott downs.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Heard a hire was made.

Draft saved Draft deleted