1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer/Page designer | Columbia, Tennessee

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SFIND, Jul 18, 2017.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports writer/Page designer

The Daily Herald in Columbia, Tenn., about 45 minutes south of Nashville, has an immediate opening for a full-time page sports writer/designer/copy editor. The job will be a mix of writing, editing and photography, including sports and news page design. Candidates should have experience with InDesign and the Abobe creative suite. Experience working as print or digital copy editor preferred. Will consider candidates with only college newspaper experience. Must be willing to work nights, weekends and some holidays. Candidate should have ability to work in fast-paced, breaking-news environment, both independently and as part of team. College degree preferred. Send resume and cover letter ASAP to the newspaper's editor at jbennett@c-dh.net.

2. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

This job is still available in case anyone would like to apply. Please. I'm begging you.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This has to be a record or an expert troll job.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Another Tennessee job gone begging? Somebody call Schiano back!

5. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Unfortunately not a troll job. :( Though at this point, I'd take a troll if it could successfully cover a wrestling match.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Went to school with the paper's editor. Good guy.

7. valpo87

valpo87 Member

Editor: Where's that story?

Me: I'M NOT FINISHED WITH IT!!!!

8. Michael Prunka

Michael Prunka New Member

Need to fill space? I can make another story happen.

*goes outside and flips over a passing ambulance*

Baron Scicluna, valpo87 and Adam94 like this.
  9. Adam94

Adam94 Member

I covered wrestling today while the rest of my department was busy with college football and h.s. basketball. I'm also not a troll, genetically speaking!

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"You only cover me when I get crushed by a garbage truck!"

11. valpo87

valpo87 Member

I actually have a better one than this. I'm ashamed it didn't come to mind sooner.

Coach: No more questions.

Braun: I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey gang - let's try to exercise our comedy chops somewhere else. People looking for info on jobs tend to follow the jobs board and, well, wading through posts of jokes of varying quality makes that tough. Thanks very much

twinsfan1424 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted