1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Montgomery Advertiser

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by slappy4428, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

I spent quite a while in the deep South and quite a while in New England, and have family in both areas, and there are more rednecks and racists in New England.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Depends where in New England you are.

It's safe to say that New Englanders are just as provincial as Southeners, though.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

As I recall, there was plenty of racial violence in Boston over school busing back in the '70s.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

If you listen to the anti-busing side, they say it was over their way of life being disassembled by a pink-collar, suburban snob judge.

Just sayin'.

5. dcdream

dcdream Member

Moles report to me this will be filled by an in-state candidate.

6. longgone

longgone Member

The town is OK. The chain is not. It's Gannett. That's all you need to know. I'd clean locker rooms for a living before I'd work for that group again.

7. soontobegrad

soontobegrad Guest

What's wrong with Gannett?

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

They're so cute when they're young.

9. longgone

longgone Member

A quick overview of Gannett (aka The Evil Empire): They can buy a bad newspaper and make it mediocre. The same is true when they buy a good newspaper. They make it mediocre. There are good things about USA Today, but when Gannett chooses to use the USA Today model at its regular dailies, they choose to use all the bad ideas from USA Today. Raises are minimal. Political correctness runs amok. Stay far away.

Draft saved Draft deleted