1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Marshfield (Wis.) News-Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by PEteacher, Jun 16, 2006.

1. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

http://www.gannett.com/job/jobs/news.htm

Marshfield, WI: Reporter to cover prep, youth and recreational sports for a joint sports staff serving the four newspapers of the Central Wisconsin Group. Ability to work independently is crucial. One to two years’ experience preferred, though recent graduates with strong clips from internships will be considered. Apply to Regional Sports Editor Chris Schulte.

2. JME

JME Member

Damn, 7 or 8 new postings and this is the only writing gig. :'(

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

It's Gannett. They probably froze all the others.

4. One reason not to come here: Chris Schulte.

5. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

I've been wanting to move out to WI, anybody know anything about this job? And what's wrong with Chris Schulte?

6. Pops

Pops Member

The application process probably will include questions about your shirt size. They'll need to get you outfitted with Marshfield Tigers gear that you can wear to every event. And don't forget to cheer out loud and hug players before you interview them. Seriously.

7. Barbers, you don't want to work for this guy. He's an absolute nightmare.

8. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

Nightmare details please! I need a reason to feel good about one of my current jobs.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

You may want to move to Wisconsin, but you don't want to move to Marshfield. Trust me.

It's a redneck, ass-backwards town in the heart of the state with nothing to do for miles and miles.

That, plus the fact that Schulte guy is supposedly an idiot, should cause you to run far away from this...

10. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Which means that country had about 20,000 votes for Bush, right?

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Vote? What's a vote? Sumpin to sit in while yer fishin?

12. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Attention J-school grads looking at this: don't waste your time. Schulte is a head case at best.

Draft saved Draft deleted