1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer -- Malden, MO

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by mikebb13, Aug 2, 2006.

1. mikebb13

mikebb13 Member

Immediate Position available for Sports Writer, a part-time (25 hours/wk) position. The successful candidate must be proficient with desktop publishing, have a general knowledge of writing and photography. An interest in all local sports and/or experience on Macintosh computers would be considered a plus.

The position allows for a somewhat flexible schedule, ideal for college students or persons needing a second job.
    To apply, fill out application available at the Delta News•Citizen office or send resume to Darrell Hamlett, 127 W. Main, Malden, MO 63863, fax to: 573-276-3687, or e-mail to: dhamlett@dailystatesman.com.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how many D-I schools are close to malden, and would i be able to cover the tigers on saturdays?
    please let me know ASAP so i can give you a call and talk personally about this position ... and, what if i can't take a pic to save my ass, and what if i really don't like local sports much? what i do like is D-I football, though.

so, am i in?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Malden's almost in the bootheel, so I'm guessing SEMO, Arkansas State, Memphis, Murray State, etc.

SEMO's your best bet. As far as Mizzou ... can't help you there.

Dunklin County has a badass American Legion team. So if you don't like local sports, you may be SOL.

EDIT: At a small paper and you don't like local sports, you are definitely SOL. Thanks for applying, Krystal. :D

4. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

This one's sitting on a tee for whoever wants it.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

<sigh>

OK, I'll do it.

YOU'RE HIRED!

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

damn. so i guess the chiefs and rams are out of the question as well?

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

OK kids, this shit was old yonks ago.

If you can't be more creative than that, then don't bother.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Dammit. I wanted the spammers to nuzzle Al Davis' taint.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It doesn't get old when crappy jobs are posted that require little to no experience.

As a sidenote, do I get credentials for the Cards, since all I really want is a BBWAA card?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's a spambot.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'm not above cussing out inanimate objects. :)

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

What's fascinating to me is that they think this is a 25-hour a week, part-time position.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not healthy enough to laugh like that. (wheeze)

Draft saved Draft deleted