1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Lowell (Mass.) Sun

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Oct 13, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Still has recent articles (i.e. today -- http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_16562551), including a newspaper e-mail account, which suggests he's still employed there. He isn't listed anywhere on the staff directory.

2. Journo13

Journo13 Member

He isn't listed on the directory. However, Scoggins has been around for ages (at least entire time that I have lived near Boston).

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I believe he's now a part-timer, but someone closer to the situation would know better.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

“The only people for me are the mid-range jumpshooters, the ones who are mad to shoot, mad to go behind the back, mad to take a charge, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or shoot a commonplace hookshot, but dribble, dribble, dribble, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like Danny Ainge across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "LARRY BIRD!”

Or not.

5. guyfromma

guyfromma New Member

Anyone heard anything back from The Sun yet?

6. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Nope.

7. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

Not me.

8. superhater

superhater Member

Was told that they've found their candidate. There were nearly 200 applicants.

9. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

I heard from Dennis today they were still interviewing finalists from about 200 applicants.

10. So I guess that means I'm not one of them

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been announced but I believe it is filled and there should be another job opening north of Boston in the next week or so as a result.

12. SudburyPatch

SudburyPatch Guest

North of Boston? I'm guessing that means someone from the CNHI chain has escaped the furlough-a-week-per-quarter choke hold.

Draft saved Draft deleted