1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, La Salle, IL

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jun 19, 2007.

1. AnotherThingComing

AnotherThingComing New Member

Unless the thinking there has changed 180 degrees in the 10 years since I worked there, you're completely wrong. And considering the same people are in charge there now as were there when I left, I find that hard to believe.

Could you be any more bitter about not being hired there? Try the Mendota Reporter or the Bureau County Republican.

2. Who owns this paper?

3. jla74m

jla74m Member

I have a job at a much larger newspaper now. I grew up in the area, but haven't worked there in many years. LaSalle County is beneath my skill level. It's a waste of time.

4. AnotherThingComing

AnotherThingComing New Member

Riiiiiiight. If that's true, you wouldn't be so fixated on this thread, dripping venom with every post about this place that is so beneath you. In fact, your initial post sounds like you'd love to work there, and it sounds like you're bitter they want nothing to do with you. Am I close?

fanatic: It's a family-owned paper.

5. jla74m

jla74m Member

Dead wrong!

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Can you take your issues to BitterOldLoser.com and leave this thread to discussions of the paper from people who aren't being shunned?

7. ogre

ogre Member

After looking at a map, it kind of looks like there's no way to live in Chicago and work there. That's too bad. It sounds like a decent job.

8. HoosierLoser

HoosierLoser Member

Draft saved Draft deleted