1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Fort Wayne IN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by vols1998, Jan 23, 2013.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Don't forget these guys:

[​IMG]

2. I don't think this would be a bad job at all. The Journal-Gazette is a solid news organization. It is considered the top paper in the community. It's scaled back its reach in northeast Indiana, but what papers haven't retreated. This would be a great job. Typically JG college writers... Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame do travel to big games on the road...and they have this beat down to a science even though its several hours away. If you aren't sure, apply.

3. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

That was also my thought when I read that.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think there should have been a comma in that sentence. Pretty sure he's staying Louisville isn't far away, and the Fort Wayne airport connects to those cities he mentioned.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

And the overall point stands. While FW is a relatively out-of-the-way place, it's also more convenient than one would think.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Been in Fort Wayne numerous times and I can vouch that it's a pretty decent place to visit. Wouldn't mind living there either... great access to Indy and Chicago.

7. haddixjl

haddixjl New Member

Has anyone heard anything more on this?

8. Wait more than five days before asking.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You're hired!

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

The guy they currently have on IU basketball is excellent, and covers every home game.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I think he meant that the airport in Ft. Wayne connects to those cities, not drive to Louisville to connect. At least that was how I read it.

12. TC

TC New Member

What does online history entail?

Draft saved Draft deleted