1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer/Copy Editor, West Central Tribune of Willmar, Minn.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dm19, Mar 16, 2011.

1. dm19

dm19 Member

This newspaper is in my company, but I don't know a lot about them. I kind of know the area, but couldn't give you details.

The West Central Tribune of Willmar, Minn., is looking for an energetic and dedicated full-time sports writer with a passion for covering prep and community sports. Primary responsibilities include receiving and writing game reports; interviewing, reporting and writing feature and enterprise stories; and photography. Experience in copy editing, page design, Quark Xpress and meeting deadlines are skills need for this position. There are also Web posting and digital media responsibilities. This position also includes some reporting and layout for year-round Outdoors section. The position hours include weeknights and some weekend coverage. Daily or weekly newspaper experience and college degree preferred. Salary is based on experience and benefits include paid vacation, health and dental and 401(k). The West Central Tribune is a 15,000-circulation six-day morning newspaper based in west central Minnesota, 90 miles west of Minneapolis. The Tribune is part of the Forum Communications Co., which owns 32 newspapers in the Minnesota,the Dakotas and Wisconsin. To find out more, visit www.wctrib.com and www.forumcomm.com. To apply, send a cover letter, resume, references and five writing and design samples by replying here via journalismjobs.com or directly to: Sports Editor Scott Thoma at sthoma@wctrib.com. Deadline March 11, 2011.

Draft saved Draft deleted