1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer -- Clearfield, PA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Rhouston, Aug 30, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yep, I did forget that.

Was kinda nice for the casual fan when Districts 6 and 9 played each other a lot. You'd see Erie Prep come into State College, for instance, on a regular basis. Made for some long road trips, though.

2. crazysexycool

crazysexycool New Member

Don't do it. Pay sucks and the staff is horrible.
    SE and ASE are not qualified for their jobs.
    Stay put!

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i love how the jobs board seems to draw so many first-time posters.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I hear the former snoring sportswriter left there, though.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

which one?

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The one who used to sleep as the phone was ringing at his desk. Rumor has it he was canned.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i meant like there was more than one.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Considering there is/was a desk opening in Altoona, I'd be all over that before I even applied to Clearfield.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's a no-brainer if I've ever read one. The Mirror trumps just about anything any paper does in that region.

10. crazysexycool

crazysexycool New Member

Actually, the Mirror probably isn't much better. They are often referred to as the "Land of Misfit Toys". As for the progress, the SE is nasty. Rumor has is it they just canned another writer, probably because he wouldn't mess around with her.

11. Sean Smyth

Sean Smyth Member

Misfit toys, eh? What is that supposed to mean?

I would put Altoona's staff up against anyone in that region, including the staff at the much-higher-paid and the much-more-vaunted Centre Daily Times.

And that's despite Ogden's record for not opening up the wallet when it comes to paying people decent salaries.

12. crazysexycool

crazysexycool New Member

Don't put it up against the CDT, the mirror won't win. The mirror touts their PSU coverage, but the CDT kicks its butt every week.

Draft saved Draft deleted