1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Claremont, NH

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Aug 15, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

We are looking for a first-class sports writer who can cover prep sports, breaking sports news, the racing scene and community sports. We need someone who has a working knowledge of professional and prep sports. We need someone who can craft words and tell the story in human terms. The Eagle Times covers the Connecticut Valley area of Vermont and New Hampshire, some of the nation’s most beautiful country. This job involves night and weekend work. This job is mainly writing, but involves some photography and pagination. Quark and Photoshop experience is a plus, but we will train. We want to fill this position as soon as possible. Please send letter, resume and samples of your work to John Kelleher, managing editor of the Eagle Times, 401 River Road, Claremont, NH 03743 or e- mail to jkelleher@eagletimes.com.

2. Twinkilling

Twinkilling Guest

As a former resident of the Upper Valley and a former employee of the rival paper, I can offer a little info. about the area. True, it's beautiful, but Claremont is a blue-collar-town-fallen-on-hard-times story. It was a little depressing (OK, a lot) when I lived there five years ago. But it's pretty. The paper's small and wasn't good (at all) when I was there. But it's pretty.

Draft saved Draft deleted