1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Centralia, Wash.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Aug 14, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Chronicle in Centralia is looking for an enthusiastic sports reporter. The ideal candidate will have solid writing skills, be reliable and self-motivated, be personable and able to work well with others, and possess a sports background and/or knowledge of sports. Page design in InDesign is required and photo skills would be a bonus. Our emphasis is on local sports, specifically preps. The Chronicle is a 15,800-circulation newspaper located halfway between Portland and Seattle, near Mount Rainier and Mount St. Helens. The Chronicle is a family-owned newspaper with a commitment to journalism. Please send a cover letter, resume, work samples and references to Sports Editor Sam Bakotich (sbakotich@chronline.com), The Chronicle, 321 Pearl St., Centralia, WA 98531.

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I know a bit about the area and the paper. PM me for those limited details.

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Ditto for a PM...it's down the road. One of my friends from college used to be a photog there (might still be, not sure).

Draft saved Draft deleted