1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Bozeman, MT

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You didn't like covering rodeo w_i? While there is a lot of cow shit to avoid stepping in, I always enjoyed myself. Good stories at the rodeo.

2. RFB-Boy

RFB-Boy Member

And they're always so polite. Yessir, Nosir. I had one college bull rider tell me he played "the original extreme sport" while we stood in an indoor rodeo arena, choking on airborne particulate of suspect origin. It's almost worth missing.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude, if it's who I think it is, I know her brother (and her hubby). I am totally weirded out.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

rachel something or other. and holy fuck, i'd wreck it, you'd wreck it, we'd all wreck it.

5. VB3man

VB3man New Member

is this her?
    http://bp0.blogger.com/_Fzq94YVbHHM/Rk706g5mkBI/AAAAAAAACX0/0-slhQJMMCw/s1600-h/sexy_bull_riding_01.jpg

6. sportschick

7. jps

jps Active Member

to continue the derailment of the thread, the only rachel barrel racer I can think of from Montana, petty, is myllymaki (good Finnish name, if I'm not mistaken.)

8. sportschick

It appears Mom was a barrel racer too, back in her day.

http://www.myllymakibarrelhorses.com/

Still not sure if that's the woman whose brother I knew.

9. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Rodeo is great to cover. The competitors are down to earth, which seems rare for pro athletes, and as someone else mentioned, they are very polite and always say sir or mam. You can always find great features at rodeos.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Agree on covering rodeo. Lot of great stories. A lot of guys that spend six months a year living out of a pick up and traveling from shitty small town to shitty small town hoping to make the big time. They get all kinds of injured and plenty are always damn near broke. Good stuff.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

a pick-up? do the horses ride in back as though they were dogs?

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That sounds like the future of sportswriting. Roving bands of freelancers going from event to event...

Draft saved Draft deleted