1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Bloomington (Ind.) Herald-Times

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Pat Beane, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Pat Beane

Pat Beane New Member

The Herald-Times is seeking a full-time sports writer to cover high school and Indiana University sports, as well as work an occasional desk shift designing pages or taking calls. We are looking for an aggressive innovative reporter who can break news and take readers behind the scenes with in-depth analysis and/or commentary. Ability to work in all forms of social and multimedia a must. Send cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to ksutton@heraldt.com. Deadline to apply is August 5.

2. WTFünke

WTFünke Member

Anybody hear anything yet? I sent my resume in an hour ago, and I haven't heard back yet ...

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Excellent paper, excellent town to live in. A younger me would've applied in a heartbeat. Good luck to whoever gets it.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Anyone with any questions, feel free to PM me.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I presume this job is to replace the guy who got the Ole Miss beat in Jackson?

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Best college town in America, in my highly biased opinion.

And with IU football, you'll help cover a D-I beat without the annoyance of postseasons or other inconveniences that come with winning.

7. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Seems like a good gig. Also seems like whoever is hired is going to get thrown in the water and told to swim due to the timing.

8. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Give Crean some credit, he started with nothing at Indiana. Probably had it worse than any coach in the country in terms of taking over a new program.

9. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

They will show enough signs of improvement this year to keep Crean around for next year's buku recruiting class. If not, the search would likely consist of nothing more than "Brad Stevens, come on down!"

10. Uhhhh Crean has one of the best recruiting classes in the country coming in....He isn't going anywhere anytime soon

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Uhhhh . . . Indiana's rivals certainly hope so. They look at his record at Marquette and lick their chops.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've heard about this recruit or that recruit for several years now from IU fans. At some point, you have to start winning with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted