1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Time Machine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jul 2, 2007.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Tyson-Douglas, Toyko, 1990. I can only imagine the electricity in the arena once everyone realized that Douglas had a chance.

The Thrilla in Manila.

Dodger Stadium, Game 1, 1988 World Series.

2. I guess you missed the part about not altering history?

Oh, and fuck Bartman.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

The 1980 Wimbledon men's final, when Borg beat McEnroe 1-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-7(16-18), 8-6.

I was watching on TV, my brother actually taped it on our 85-pound VCR, but I wasn't old enough to truly appreciate it.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

October 25, 1986 at Shea Stadium: Game 6 of the World Series. What a story that would be to tell everyone.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The hour before all of the promising athletes decided to throw their careers away in prison or on the streets. Give me one good punch and invincibility. Then we're in business.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Any of the Steelers Super Bowl wins or Pirates World Series wins would be fine by me. I'd also love to hit USA vs. USSR in Lake Placid.

After that, my list is...

August 1936 - Berlin Olympics to see Jesse Owens dominate

June 29, 1950 - US 1, England 0 in the World Cup aka The Miracle on Grass.

Kentucky Derby 1973 - Secretariat

May 26, 1999 - Man U scores twice in stoppage time to win the Champions League final, 2-1, against Bayern Munich.

7. not to threadjack..but let's expand it...what concert and historical event would you want to see...

concert: any Zeppelin concert from the mid 70's
    event: signing of the declaration of independence

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Any Big Red Machine-era game. Wouldn't even have to be the obvious like Game 6 of the '75 series but just an average day at Riverfront when Bench, Rose, Morgan, etc. were all on the field at once. I was raised on stories about those teams.

And the '86 Masters.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You watch Sunday Night Baseball a lot, too?

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Concert: Jan. 30, 1969. On a London rooftop.

Draft saved Draft deleted