1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter with Hugo News,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Sep 28, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=670937

Great experience/career builder: Small midwestern community daily seeks J-school grad or proven sports or GA writer. IT majors with sports background will be considered. We're a Century-old small family owned newspaper — (Monday through Friday afternoon). Email resumes to: Stan Stamper, Publisher, hugonews@sbcglobal.net or call: 1.800.900.3311.

>They're looking to move fast and fill this opening, perhaps within the next two or three days at the soonest.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Oklahoma, if you're scoring at home. Sounds like you'll be fixing ancient computers in your spare time.

3. LarryCathey

LarryCathey Member

I worked here right out of college ... didn't do sports until my final two weeks there, however.

The town has its issues, but Stan and Judy Stamper are genuinely great people, the kind of people for whom you want to work.

I haven't been in the area for three years, but I lived there for a year, and I'm sure not much has changed.

Cowboys and Indians still coexist here ... pretty neat.

Draft saved Draft deleted