1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter -- The (Idaho Falls, Idaho) Post Register,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Jul 8, 2011.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

The Post Register of Idaho Falls, Idaho, a regional daily with a print circulation of 24,000, is looking for a sports reporter.

Our main focus is the 20 high schools in our circulation area, but there will be opportunities to cover Idaho State, Boise State and Brigham Young universities. We also have an active community sports scene, with golf, rodeo, running, BMX and mountain biking, to name a few.

Idaho Falls is eastern Idaho's regional hub for health care, banking, shopping and transportation, and home to a major Department of Energy laboratory, with numerous cultural and outdoor opportunities. It's less than two hours from Yellowstone and the Tetons and minutes away from world-class fly fishing, hiking, skiing and hunting. The region is frequently named on various top 10 lists for quality of life.

We're prepared to hire as soon as we find the right person. Applicants should submit resumes, cover letters, references and writing samples to Managing Editor Rob Thornberry, via e-mail at rthornberry@postregister.com or through snail mail to Rob Thornberry, The Post Register, 333 Northgate Mile, Idaho Falls, ID 83401. No calls please.

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1267790

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Johann must be feeling left out.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

The son of a friend of mine was drafted and signed by the Royals and is playing at Idaho Falls. I tried to check out this paper's coverage, but it appears you have to be a paid subscriber to get into the website.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The kid's mom is a mother Chukar.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

True fact ...

6. azom

azom Member

Idaho Falls was good to me in my time there. The Post Register is a solid regional paper. I worked with Rob before he was ME and he was easy to work with.

The news website is behind a paywall and has been for a very long time (close to a decade, if not more). That has protected them a bit from circulation losses and it looks like they've maintained their circ pretty well since I left in '05. Local owners and that's handy, too.

7. mwsportswriter

mwsportswriter New Member

Phone interviews have started.

8. mwsportswriter

mwsportswriter New Member

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Must have been a great phoner.

Draft saved Draft deleted