1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter - The Daily Courier, Oregon

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by 0-fer, Nov 13, 2007.

1. outdoors

outdoors Member

They have hired two reporters and a sports editor in the last year. Their Editor, Dennis, is a pretty nice guy. I turned down a reporter job from there last year, but it is a nice spot in Oregon. I went out for an interview at that time, as I was already in the area for other interviews. The job would involve mainly preps and I know they have talked about doing some Duck and Beaver home games depending on the situation.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

My bad. I meant Klamath Falls. :p

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

K-Falls is in the middle of nowhere. Grants Pass offers good access to the coast (and rafting on the Rogue River), has a decent little downtown and has a generally pleasant climate. Kind of an insular feel, though, and it is at least 30 minutes to Medford and its amenities. Used to have a big caveman statue at the town's entrance; I don't know if it's still there.

4. HandsomeHarley

Grants Pass in an OK town, but not as good as Medford.

Still a good drive to anywhere, tho'.

5. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

I grew up in Oregon but only thing I can tell you about Grants Pass is that it was at one time the home of the Firecracker 4th of July American Legion baseball tournament, which our team played in, and that it had an awesome Champion Factory Outlet store, where you could get all kinds of cool stuff, like gym shorts and sweat pants with the logos of schools you'd never heard of, or screwed-up football jerseys with the number 76 on the front and 67 on the back. That was 30 years ago, when there weren't many outlet stores and no such thing as the Interwebs.

6. HandsomeHarley

Last time I was there, the outlet stores were on the coast, around Newport, I believe.

If you can't find Converse anywhere else, you can find them there. I got two pair (buy one-get one for half or something like that) for about $40 back around 2000 and still wear one pair, and probably could still wear the other.

7. Lance Ogden GP

Lance Ogden GP New Member

Just a quick note for those interested: If you're going to send a resume, please do so by Wednesday. We'd like to wrap this up ASAP.

Draft saved Draft deleted