1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, The Daily Courier (N.C.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gatoreditor, Jan 2, 2015.

1. gatoreditor

gatoreditor New Member

The Daily Courier, a five-day daily newspaper with companion website located in western North Carolina, is seeking a sports reporter to build on the paper’s strong reputation and commitment to area sports. Understanding of community journalism is essential as is the ability to multi-task and adhere to a strict deadline. Knowledge of photography, social media and video is beneficial.

We are seeking a team player who wants to take his or her career to the next level. We already have a dedicated group of journalists and we are looking for one more. This is a full-time position with benefits.

Email a cover letter, resume and 3-5 published clips to Matthew Clark, Editor at mclark@thedigitalcourier.com

This is my shop so if you have any questions, let me know.

2. gatoreditor

gatoreditor New Member

To follow up, we are a Paxton shop with a fair amount of autonomy. We hit local prep sports pretty hard and we have a collegiate summer baseball team based here to go along with Legion and Little League. There is the chance to cover some D-I sports as Gardner-Webb University is about 15 minutes away, but the priority is preps.

Draft saved Draft deleted