1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter: Roswell, N.M.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BYUSportsGuy, Jun 29, 2009.

1. BYUSportsGuy

BYUSportsGuy Member

Company: Roswell Daily Record
    Position: Sports Reporter Sought
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: August 3, 2009
    Job ID: 1067573

Description:
    The Roswell Daily Record, an award-winning, independent daily newspaper in southeastern New Mexico with a circulation of about 11,000, is seeking a reporter to cover sports in the area. Candidates for the sports position should possess strong writing skills, be familiar with sports terminology, have associated computer skills and able to meet deadlines. The successful applicant must be able to write quickly and concisely, take digital photographs and design pages. Experience in covering high school sports is a big plus. We’re looking for an aggressive reporter who can provide play-by-play information, place games in the larger context and break down the statistics. The position offers competitive wages, medical benefits, a gasoline allowance and compensation for travel outside the immediate area. Interested applicants should contact Andrew Poertner, editor, Roswell Daily Record, at andrewpoertner@yahoo.com, by fax at (575) 625-0421 or send mail to: Andrew Poertner, Roswell Daily Record, PO Box 1897, Roswell, NM 88202. No phone calls please. All applications should include a letter of interest, resume, writing samples and references.

2. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Member

Let the fun begin ...

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Is it possible??

Sandusky and Roswell both opening up on the same day??

How did we get so lucky?? :D

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

But Tom Petty is no longer around, so my fun reading is ruined.

5. Andy Dufresne

Andy Dufresne Member

What happened to TP?

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I was wondering what happened to Andy Dufresne.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

He don't come around here no more ...

(sorry, couldn't resist)

8. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

9. Every time I see this job come open and posted on this forum, I assume it's a hoax. And each time it's not.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

What is the deal with this job? Do the sports editors die like Spinal Tap drummers or do they get abducted by aliens?

12. Ax-Journalist

Ax-Journalist New Member

I think one actually did die.

Draft saved Draft deleted