1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter, Rocky Mount (N.C.) Telegram

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by benjones, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'd have paid for a couple of his meals for him to take a video camera and hitch-hike to Alberta...
    That would have been classic

2. Stupid

Stupid Member

They need to update their Web site. That Rocky Mount tennis victory is moving into its second month.

3. Whether going to Canada or not, covering the NHL is a big deal - at least up north. I don't know if Raleigh and hockey really fit. Kind of unfair, if you ask me, that they've had a team in the Stanley's twice in four years. Hell, last year, that region won a NCAA basketball title. So it's really, really unfair that they're in rhe finals.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

At this point, it's a lost cause. Tampa Bay is the defending Cup champion for either an hour or so, or a couple of more days. Dallas has a title, while Miami and Anaheim have hosted Stanley Cup games, and now Raleigh twice in the last four seasons. Whoa. Oh mercy mercy me. Oh things ain't what they used to be, nooooo no.

5. Stupid

Stupid Member

Life is unfair, deal with it.

6. benjones

benjones New Member

That's the preps page. The preps page is updated when high school sports take place. That Rocky Mount tennis victory ended our preps coverage for the 2005-06 year.

The main Sports page is updated daily. You may want to reposition your favorites link to our Web site.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

First Tampa Bay, now the Whalers Hurricanes win the Cup. The world's coming to an end!

8. Maybe it's just pay back for NASCAR moving north. We can fight back if we bring 'gator rasslin' to Central Penn!

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

We're getting a very healthy amount of resumes. Keep them coming.

10. Precious Roy

Is there still time to get mine in?

Just kidding

11. benjones

benjones New Member

We will accept portfolios through Thursday.

12. Precious Roy

Can we get an update on this job?

Draft saved Draft deleted