1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter/paginator, King County Journal, Wash.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Posted on Journalismjobs.com today, Oct. 30

Company: King County Journal
    Position: Sports reporter/paginator
    Job Status: Temporary
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: December 4, 2006
    Job ID: 697780

Description:
    We're looking for a temporary sports reporter/page designer in our Bellevue, Wash., office.

We need someone with the ability and willingness to cover a wide variety of assignments, with an emphasis on prep sports. If you can produce clean, clear and engaging copy on a tight deadline, and are a quick learner who can solve some problems independently, we'd like to talk to you. Page-design experience with Quark XPress is a necessity.

The Journal is a 45,000 circulation daily newspaper that covers the Seattle suburbs, from Bellevue to Auburn.

Salary DOE. Send resume and clips to Brandon Cossel, sports editor, at brandon.cossel@kingcountyjournal.com. (Text-only Word attachments, please, but paste your resume and cover letter into the body of your e-mail just in case.)

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I grew up reading this paper, though in one of its old forms - The Eastside Journal. It was really good at covering prep sports, but beyond that I don't have too much to add. A former co-worker of mine worked there and left quickly. I have heard it pays terrible considering how much it costs to live in the Seattle area.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Isn't that where Cnockaert landed?

4. Al_Czervik

Al_Czervik Member

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'm pretty certain it is.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't know him, but I looked him up and he is the SE there:

http://www.kingcountyjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061008/PREP03/610080334&SearchID=73261473381938

7. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

I think Cnockaert is leaving and that's why there's an opening. From what I hear, Cossel has moved into the SE position, opening this temp position. Everything is up in the air long term until the sale happens.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Where's he going?

9. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

dunno for sure, but I think he might have taken the job in Bozeman

10. Editude

Editude Active Member

Love the high-tech need for text-only Word attachments (and a pasted resume and cover letter) for a pagination job.

11. jackandcoke

jackandcoke Member

Ralph Wiggum is correct. Cnockaert left for Bozeman and Cossel is the new SE.

Cossel will do good things with that job. And, no, I'm not him.

Draft saved Draft deleted