1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter - Little Falls, Minn.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Mar 20, 2011.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

From jjobs.com:

Company: The Morrison County Record
    Position: Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: April 22, 2011
    Job ID: 1241569

Description:

Sports Reporter: The Morrison County Record, a 20,000-plus circulation, award-winning weekly community newspaper located in Little Falls, Minn., is seeking a reporter to cover high school and other area sports. A journalism or related degree is preferred but not required. Duties include: Covering sports at area high schools and other sporting events in the county and possibly other assignments. Online experience is also a plus, and reporters contribute daily to our Web site, www.mcrecord.com, as well as lead new media efforts such as blogging, social networking and producing and editing video news stories. The full-time position averages 40 hours per week. If this sounds like the challenge you're looking for, send your resume, cover letter and five to seven best clips to Tom West, General Manager, 216 SE First St., Little Falls, MN, 56345 or e-mail tom.west@mcrecord.com. The Morrison County Record is owned by ECM Publishers, Inc., and offers a competitive salary, benefits and vacation package.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about the paper, but Tom West was the longtime editor of the little paper in my hometown and then the editor of our county's main paper and he was a great editor. Made it one of the best small papers in the state at the time. I'm assuming he's still a great newspaperman to work for.

Little Falls' claim to fame: Boyhood home of Charles Lindbergh.

Draft saved Draft deleted