1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter --- Lewistown Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dsg155, Dec 17, 2007.

1. dsg155

dsg155 Member

The Lewistown Sentinel is looking for a full-time sports reporter to help with its coverage. Duties will primarily be prep sports, helping sports editor and assistant sports editor with desk coverage also will be expected. Please contact sports editor Dan Graybill at 717-248-6741 ext. 117 or at dgraybill@lewistownsentinel.com

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You know it'd be really swell to know what state Lewiston is in, you know, that silly basic kind of information.

3. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

you only get that info after you call about the job.

4. jshecket

jshecket Member

It's..... Pennsylvania!

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

How do I know if I'm interested enough to bother the SE if I don't know where it is?

6. jshecket

jshecket Member

Google Maps says it's 43 minutes to State College, 1:24 to Hershey.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What road are you taking to get to Hershey? [/leftitonthetee]

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, you could take the back roads or you could stick to the highway. ...

The Hershey Highway.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I know Dan from college. He really is a great guy, a young guy, too -- 25 or so. He knows his stuff. I've met few better people in the business, and I really mean that. Most people are assholes 24/7, and I've never seen Graybill look down on someone.

The challenge here is that you'll be working for an Ogden paper, and your salary probably starts at about $20k, based on what I know about the chain. And Lewistown is a hole. As someone in a previous Lewistown thread said, Sheetz is considered haute cuisine in this neck (pun intended) of the woods.

The good thing about this is that you'll have forgiving deadlines; work with a really good boss; have State College 40 minutes away and Harrisburg an hour away if you floor it; and be in a really neat part of the country. And once the Narrows gets done, within the next year or two, there'll be no more Penn State football traffic delays!

10. dsg155

dsg155 Member

Sorry about that, yes Lewistown is in Pennsylvania. Was looking at an old thread when I did this.

11. Chris_Korman

Chris_Korman Member

I second Wicked.

Dan's a great person to be around. And, I imagine, work for.

He does things the right way, too.

12. Duton

Duton Member

At the risk of seeming like Korman's lackey again, I second Korman's words and third Wicked's. I can't imagine anyone having a bad word to say about Graybill, and you certainly won't here anything bad about him from anybody who worked with him at Penn State.

Draft saved Draft deleted