1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports reporter, Houston Chronicle

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by NickMathews, May 27, 2012.

1. NickMathews

NickMathews New Member

The Houston Chronicle is seeking a talented and versatile journalist to help coverage of our professional teams with a focus on enterprise stories. The ideal candidate must have at least three years experience.

We recently lost a seasoned writer who was one of the best storytellers in the country, and we are seeking to replace him.

The candidate will focus on the Astros and Rockets, so a candidate with MLB and NBA experience will be highly considered.

We will move FAST on this position.

Please email a resume and cover letter explaining why you are perfect for the job, plus three samples of writing (including two enterprise stories) and your Twitter handle to Sports Editor Nick Mathews at nick.mathews@chron.com.

Please put "HC Reporter" as the subject line. No phone calls please.

2. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

with the news out of New Orleans it's nice to see a big paper hiring two positions for a change. Granted, somebody probably got the boot or left for another spot. But it's still daily!

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would love to know how many times a position was created and not replaced in the last few years.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ability to strip not a requirement.

5. TheClaireBear23

TheClaireBear23 New Member

Thank goodness! I just sent Mr. Mathews an email to apply and stripping is not my forte!

6. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Who left?

7. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Wow. Two great positions open in Houston. Good luck to all who apply.

8. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

Although, if you're a connoisseur of fine stripping establishments Houston is an excellent city.

9. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

At least, you know, that's what my friend told me.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Priceless.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If you're a gunsmith, also, you're in like Flynn.

12. They've been sort of shorthanded with the Texans after Jeffery Martin left for The Oregonian after the season. If that's the role they're filling, it can't suck to work with John McClain.

Draft saved Draft deleted