1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter- Hagatna, Guam

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From Gannett.com
    https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=Gannett&career_job_req_id=22610&career_ns=job_listing&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&jobPipeline=Indeed

A Sports Reporter I generally has less than five years of full-time newspaper experience. Responsibilities include daily and weekend reporting of Sports events and occasional enterprise, or project work for print, online and other platforms. A Sports Reporter I will face new experiences regularly and should demonstrate strong potential for personal and professional growth. Excellent writing, grammar and punctuation skills required. Experience preferred and bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field required.

Qualified candidates are invited to apply and join our talent network by submitting their resume and application at:

http://www.gannett.com/section/careers01

Federal law requires that anyone we hire be legally entitled to employment in the U.S.
    We comply with this law on a nondiscriminatory basis.

We are an equal opportunity employer and appreciate the value of a diverse workforce.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Is Haloti Ngata from Hgatna?

3. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

"A Sports Reporter I generally has less than five years of full-time newspaper experience. Responsibilities include daily and weekend reporting of Sports events and occasional enterprise, or project work for print, online and other platforms. A Sports Reporter I will face ..."

Two of the three first sentences do not make much sense.

"Experience preferred and bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field required."

Mastery of the English language is not required.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Until I realized it was a Roman numeral, I read it as Rastafarian patois.

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Aaaaahh, Roman Numeral I. Now it actually makes sense. haha

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Frankly, I like my original thought better. A fire a man's own business!

Draft saved Draft deleted