1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Reporter- Flint, MI

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ColdCat, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

The local sports reporter will report and produce stories for various platforms and act as an expert and discussion leader on local high-value sports topics and personalities. The position will meet audience demand for immediacy, depth and engagement and work to raise our presence in the community. The reporter will seek emotional or inspirational angles from local athletes and produce content for as large an audience as possible. In this position, you will also generate high school Game of the Week /Team of the Week engagement initiatives and coverage. Ability to shoot/edit videos and photo galleries a plus.

http://jobs.mlive.com/jobs/flint-sports-reporter-flint-michigan-60069513-d

It's been a while since I've lived in the area and I've heard the staff and news hole have shrunk drastically since I lived there, but it's not a bad place to cover sports. The city schools are in the best high school hoops conference I've ever seen with many, many players going to high D-I programs. HS football and hockey are pretty competitive in the out-county schools.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This isn't a daily newspaper anymore. It's printed four times per week (not sure of the exact days). The rest of the week it's online only.

Draft saved Draft deleted